What Acey Women Want: Your Survey Answers
Getting to Know You: The Acey Survey
With the aim of getting to know our Acey Women better, we sent out a short survey to acey insiders on our mailing list (if you are not signed up, click here).
What we did not expect was how much care you’d put into your answers. Reading your thoughts and questions on balancing sustainability with style was heartening. A huge thank you to everyone who participated, your responses inspired and reassured us so we wanted to share them with other likeminded acey women…
– We have Acey Women of all ages: respondents ranged from 18 to over 60 years old.
– While 71% of you love Instagram, a good portion don’t use social media at all.
– 80% of you were initially attracted to The Acey for our ethics – we love that.
– Acey Women value real life imagery on real women. You want to see more images of products on people of all shapes and sizes.
– Your reading tastes are diverse. From The Gentlewoman and Riposte to The Guardian, Trash is for Tossers, and holistic health and food blogs, some of you found your way to style with purpose through the aesthetic and fashion end of things, whilst others the ethics route.
– A fair few of you felt guilty admitting to liking the aesthetics of brands that do not have ethical credentials. Don’t feel guilty. We also love style and that’s why we are here, to bridge the gap between sustainability and style.
When asked what you’d like to know more about when it comes to ethical and sustainable fashion, some themes arose:
– You’d like specific information on where products are made and what their environmental impact is, on labour conditions and how your money is going to people making your clothes.
– You want to know what you can do: how to figure out who to buy from, how to curate a sustainable wardrobe, how to support women working in production in developing countries, and how to engage bigger corporations in the discussion around sustainability. (Sidenote – our favourite guide to building a mindful wardrobe in the Acey Bookshop.)
Thank you to everyone who has participated so far. If you haven’t had a chance to yet, it’s not too late – click here to participate.
We're geared up to work through your suggestions to make The Acey the best it can be for you. Style with purpose, no compromise. E-mail us suggestions 24/7, 365 days a year. firstname.lastname@example.org